Friday, September 20, 2013

Interior lighting design.

Every now and then I am asked to do something that allows me to inject my love of engineering and design with some theme and environment. I am a car guy and have been all my life. I love the design and function that incorporates so much. There are so many ways that a simple light fixture can change an environment! This is a helicopter business that has asked me to design an aviation inspired object to have in their lobby. The object I have designed is an homage to the flying machines of Da Vinci with an added aspect of industrial design. The frame is made of aluminum or steel with the wings covered in canvas. the lights are designed to mimic prop cones and are stainless steel. The wing panels act as light reflectors as well. The current view if from the floor looking up at the fixture which hangs in a round space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment